The Spring Sentence Scramble packet contains a collection of Spring themed sentence building printables and follow up worksheets intended for use with children in Kindergarten (Prep) and Grade 1. To download some free sample pages, click here.
There are a couple of ways in which the contents of this unit can be used to target the different learning levels of students:
1. Sentence Scramble Center: Print the word/picture cards and laminate them for durability. Cut along the dotted lines to separate them. Each one is numbered to show the ones that belong together in a sentence. The aim is for children to arrange the cards to build a sentence, and then complete the corresponding cut and paste sheet from the first set of worksheets.
2. Cut and Paste Word Work: This activity is an easier alternative for children who cannot yet build sentences independently; they use the sentence on each page as a guide to order the words correctly. Using the word/picture cards for this activity is optional.
Sentence included in this unit:
- I see a rainbow.
- I like to smell pretty flowers.
- They have tomatoes in the garden.
- Please help me plant some seeds.
- A bird is in the birdhouse.
- Our cat has two kittens.
- She is under the umbrella.
- Farmer is on his green tractor.
- She can jump in big puddles.
- There are bugs in my jar.
- Can you dig with a shovel?
- This is how we catch butterflies.
- He can hang from the tree.
- The caterpillar ate a leaf.
- She likes to ride her horse.
- He will run with his kite.
- The bees will make good honey.
- I want to play with bunnies.
- What did the ducks eat?
- They blow big and little bubbles.
- The butterfly came from the cocoon.
- It’s fun to splash in puddles.
To download the complete packet, click here or on the image below.